customizing PGP

lists-gnupgdev at lina.inka.de lists-gnupgdev at lina.inka.de
Fri Feb 13 06:01:37 CET 2015

Am Thu, 12 Feb 2015 13:54:39 +0100
schrieb Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>:

> Bernd you are asking to ignore the standard.

No I dont. I am not even the OP. I was just commenting that there are
other use cases besides strictly standard compliant communication.

gpg already has enough options beside "the" standard. Thats what the
--opengpg option is for anyway.

There is simple no point to restrict gpg (the application) for a
usecase where the standard is itself not fit for purpose anymore.
Especially as it becomes somehow lesser relevant anyway.

But sure, beeing standard compliant and making sure users do not
produce junk (as it happend in the past with PGP over and over again)
is one valid goal. It should just not be the only one.

I think most users who have recognized that the focus of gpg is a
different one have moved on (for example I am quite happily using BC
for example (but this is also due to the better java integration).

Gruss
Bernd