pinentry-qt and QT5

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Jan 5 10:24:31 CET 2015

Hi,

On Saturday, January 03, 2015 01:10:53 PM Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
> I'm trying to build pinentry-qt on OS X to find out if it could serve
> as a replacement for pinentry-mac. Is my understanding correct that QT
> 5.x is not (yet) supported?

Yes, it's currently not yet supported. I doubt that there will be big issues
but so far the buildsystem / configure checks are only tailored for qt3 / qt4.

> I'm asking because it seems that the Qt5 distribution for OS X seems
> to be a lot easier to use than the one for Qt4 (e.g. the Qt4 distro
> does not provide pkg-config files).

You should be able to manually configure QT4  by setting the QT4 ...
environment variables mentioned at the end of ./configure --help
qt4-moc should be preferred automatically. Otherwise you can overwrite this
with the environment variable MOC.

Regards,
Andre

--