Checksum error importing (unencrypted) ecdsa private key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 29 16:52:21 CET 2015

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 01:33, mail_kb at yahoo.com said:

> and subsequent comment assumes that encrypted parameters or ecc
> parameters should be stored as opaque gcry_mpi_t numbers; but seems to
> me that unencrypted ecc values should not enter this clause?

The CURVE is a string and we need to store it somewhere.  GPG has a
features which allows to store arbitrary data in an MPI object which we
call opaque MPI.  This was originally used to store protected v4 keys
which do not resemble an integer.  With ECC we use this also for the
name of the curve because that is a shorthand for a key parameter.

I can replicate your problem and will see how to fix it.

Salam-Shalom,