FW: Legal papers

y-iida@secom.co.jp y-iida@secom.co.jp
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:52:14 +0900

  I see that my assignment paper for Japanese translation
of GPH arrived at RMS, as I got the following message from
him.
  I sent it because I was supposed to do so, by the fact
that the original copyright was assigned to FSF.  But this
email makes me get confused a little.
  Could someone help me understand the story?

-----Original Message-----
From: rms@gnu.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 5:14 AM

I got your assignment for the translation of the GNU Privacy Handbook.
I am not quite sure what to do, with it because you used the wording for
assigning an entirely new work, but if you only translated it
then this is not an entirely new work.  Meanwhile, we don't have any
papers for the original version.  Who wrote it?
--
  iida