using insecure memory

Derek Moeller moeller@dophnic.myip.org
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:00:47 -0500

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 03:43:08PM -0700, nytshade@mail.sinclair.net wrote:

> er.. That's not exactly what I was hoping for.. is there any way to
> actualy make it STOP using insecure memory instead of just making the
> errors go away? are there any compile options or such?

As far as I know, the problem arose because a non-root user does not have permissions to manipulate memory in the way gnupg would need to in order to secure memory. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there are any compile-time options available to outsmart system security. I don't believe you'd see that message under root, since it would have sufficient permissions at that point.