Netscape GPG

Walter Truitt Walter.Truitt@usa.alcatel.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:20:20 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Brian Galbraith wrote:

> On 05-Jan-2000 Lars Hecking wrote:
> >

> > I'm am highly surprised that even on this list, more than half of all
> > signed messages are using the deprecated old style signing method.
> > Is mutt the only MUA to get that right? PGP/MIME, anyone?
> > XFMail seems to be one of the worst offenders, don't know about pine
> > and elm.
> >
> OK I use XFMail, but I am not taking it personally.....perhaps its because ithe
> deprecated style always works , even if it is old.
>
> I have to use a windows system at work, and until recently used Eudora to screen
> any private mail which arrives during the day. I do not know why, but I am
> unable to verify or decrypt any Mutt PGP/MIME messages.
>
> Anyone know why?
PGP/MIME is a weird animal. The message is signed with some of the mime headers, I guess to insure that noone changes the file type from msword to excel or something. If your mail program saves the parts, it is very difficult to put them back into a message for which the signature is sure to be correct. -walter