Netscape GPG

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:35:07 +0000

> One disadvantage of this is that mailing list software may decide to
> convert quoted printables to 8bit and thus invalidate the signature.
> Like the one running this list did with a recent message
> (<19991204161604.A2317@frodo.rrze.uni-erlangen.de>) of mine!
I stumbled across this just yesterday when I converted all old-style signed mails on this list to pgp/mime. The significant difference between this mail of yours (as received by list members) and other signed mails is that your message was multipart/mixed, and maybe the list software has problems with that. Or there was some broken MTA in the path.