probs w/ uncompressed encapsulating signature files

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:19:02 +0100

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, David Hallinan wrote:

> I'm signing some files without compression, but gpg is then
> having problems verifying its own output. I've hand parsed
> gpg's output using rfc 2440, and it looks fine. The output
> is a one pass signature packet, followed by a literal data
> packet (with binary data), followed by a signature packet.
Fixed. As a workaround use gpg --no-armor --verify The problem was that one pass signatures are not detected as binary data but it tries to apply the unarmor filter. There should be a backoff method in case no armor header has been found, but this get's complicated so we stick to the current (fixed) solution. Thanks, Werner -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013 Boycott Amazon! - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html