gpg via cgi under BSDi

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:43:11 +0100

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Sebastian Henschel wrote:

> gpg: /usr/local/lib/gnupg/rndegd: error loading extension: can't process
> object file: Inappropriate file type or format
So the dynamic linking does not work
> i remind you all, that you cannot make gnupg with
> "--enable-static-rnd=none" or "--enable-static-rnd=egd" on BSDi. and you
Why? --enable-static-rnd=egd does not need any dynamically linked modules and is pretty standard C.
> well, ktrace (as replacement for truss) does not give _me_ so much more
> info. one thing i found interesting is that another gpg-process is
> forked shortly before the programm hangs. although in the ktrace dump
The only fork is done in cipher/rndunix.c - so you are using this one and therefore it may a) take quite long or b) does not work at all due to some strange behaviour of your system. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013 Boycott Amazon! - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html