pass phrase

Frank Tobin ftobin@uiuc.edu
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:07:22 -0600 (CST)

Chuck Robey, at 13:36 on Thu, 20 Jan 2000, wrote:

> Isn't there a way to suppress the argument listing? I know that, under
> FreeBSD current, you can't even see the environment unless you're root or
> the owning user.
In FreeBSD-STABLE, the only reason you are able to see the arguments of other people's processes is because programs such as 'ps' and 'top' are setgid "kmem"; without kernel-memory access via the group kmem, you can only read the arguments of your vectors. -- Frank Tobin http://www.neverending.org/~ftobin/ "To learn what is good and what is to be valued, those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus OpenPGP: 4F86 3BBB A816 6F0A 340F 6003 56FF D10A 260C 4FA3