Key Servers

Chuck Robey chuckr@picnic.mat.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 01:22:50 -0500 (EST)

I was wondering about finding an explanation of what key servers are (the
general function seems obvious to me) and if there are any really large
ones.  I have to get a public key advertised, and I'm not sure what the
right venue for it would be.  It would be in support of a public FreeBSD
user's service (something for FreeBSDers .. not limited to FreeBSDers, but
others would have limited interest).

I'm handling the obvious advertising things like list announcements and
web pages, it's the key server stuff I need to find out about.

Thanks!

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C & Java programming,
New Year's Resolution:  I  | electronics, communications, and
will not sphroxify gullible| signal processing.
people into looking up     | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
fictitious words in the    |      jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)|
dictionary.                |