verifying rpm's with GnuPG

John O'Brien jkobrien@rcsi.ie
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:38:31 +0100

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading my Red Hat Linux kernel by
downloading 6 rpm files from
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHBA-2000018-10.html
and following the instructions at
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/howto/kernel-upgrade/kernel-upgrade.html

Among which is a command to confirm the rpm's...

rpm -K --nopgp *.rpm

which gives me (for example)

kernel-headers-2.2.14-12.i386.rpm: md5 GPG NOT OK

I've managed to figure out that GPG refers to GnuPG which I've
obtained and installed, again via rpm, from the Red Hat site.

Now, my question is what do I do now? All 6 kernel.rpm's give me
this message and took ages to download. Do I really have to try
to download them all again or is there some configuration I have
to do with the GnuPG package? I've tried looking at the manpages
and an online manual http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual/book1.html
but, to be honest, I find them both pretty opaque.

Thanks in advance for any help, please CC jkobrien@rcsi.ie,

John O'Brien

p.s. rpm -q rpm gnupg