GPG/PGP and Mail (was: Re: GnuPG: what email client should i use?)

sen_ml@eccosys.com sen_ml@eccosys.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:41:38 +0900

From: Nils@infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de (Nils Ellmenreich)
Subject: GPG/PGP and Mail (was: Re: GnuPG: what email client should i use?)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:35:28 +0200 (CEST)

> - If we leave S/MIME aside, you've still got to decide whether to use
> Ascii armor or PGP/MIME. I found (so far) no Unix-based mailreader that
> can handle both (but there might be some, who knows. Maybe pine). It
> really depends on the person you're mailing with which format to use.
i guess it depends on what you mean by "handle", but iirc, mutt and mew can both read both ascii armor and pgp/mime. it is possible to get mew to generate ascii armor too, if you use mailcrypt.el w/ it. i don't think the author of mew is psyched about generating ascii armor though.
perhaps you have heard of an emacs mail client named "wanderlust"? http://www.gohome.org/wl/ i'm not sure of the status of the pgp support currently, but iirc, you can use wanderlust w/ mailcrypt.el, and there is some pgp/mime support provided by a flavor of semi.