Changing primary user ID?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:27:26 +0200

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Kalle Svensson wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to change the primary user ID of a key in
> GnuPG? I'm about to change primary email address and would like to change
Also there is a "primary user id" flag specified in OpenPGP it's semantics are not very clear because you may have more than one of these "primary user ids". A solution to this problem would be to reorder (while displaying) the user IDs based on that flag and the creation date of the user ID (as defined by the self-signature).
There is no need for an application to keep one order. -- Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0 Birkenstr. 12 email wk@OpenIT.de D-40233 Duesseldorf http://www.OpenIT.de