FYI: AES patch

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:42:40 +0200 (MET DST)

Vergonet, Henk wrote:

> But I agree with Werner:
> It's likely the NSA have already found a backdoor in the
> algorithm, this is probably why the NIST has selected it ;).
When did Werner say this? BTW, not that I trust the NSA, but doesn't selecting a weak cipher also give certauin risks to themselves when someone else can also bvreak it? And didn't they actually make the original IBM DES design stronger by optimizing it against differential cryptanalyses in a time when this technique wasn't known in the civilian crypto world? -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org