gpg: no secret key available for decryption

Werner Koch
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:36:29 +0200

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Caleb Land wrote:

> You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
> user: "Caleb Land (RedHatDude) <>"
> 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID 0E85FED7, created 2000-10-18 (main key ID 29402314)
That is your key of course ...
> gpg: encrypted with 3072-bit ELG-E key, ID AA4D2A27, created 2000-10-16
> "Brian R. Boyce <>"
And that is another recipient's key. Probably the one of the owner, so that he can archive the message.
> gpg: no secret key for decryption available
That is indeed a bit confusing. It should say that there is no secret key for Brian Boyce. I'll see whether I can change this behaviour and only list other keys without checking whether we have a secret key. ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH -- Archive is at - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to