PGP Always Reports GPG Key as Using AES-128 ?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Apr 19 12:19:01 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Nick Andriash wrote:

> pub 1024D/2CDE4F2B created: 2001-04-19 expires: never trust: f/u
> (1) Nicholas J. Andriash (GPG Key) <andriash@home.com>
> S7 S10 S3 S4 H3 H2 Z2 Z1
Your symmetric encryption preferences are: 1. AES-128 (7) 2. Twofish (10) 3. CAST5 (3) 4. 3DES (1) (implicit)
> I used --version to give me a list of supported Algorithms, but am still
> puzzled as to whether my new Key Pair uses my preferred Algorithm...3DES.
GnuPG computes an intersection of all recipients preferences and the uses the highest one. This intersection is never empty becuase 3DES is always implicitly included. Ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus