Batch symmetric ciphering?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:54:17 +0100

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Paolo Casagranda wrote:

> I re-post my question (second and last time, I promise).
> My question is: How can I cipher with SYMMETRIC keys in batch mode? (To
> automate the task, under MS Windows)
You have to use --passphrase-fd n and pipe the passphrase to file descriptor n. The default command shell of Windows 95 does not allow to do this. IIRC, it is possible under NT. TYou may want to write a small wrapper program. Have a look at the API: CreateProcess and CreatePipe Werner -- Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> GNU Privacy Guard (http://www.gnupg.org) Free Software Foundation Europe (http://www.fsfeurope.org) [Please see X-* mail header for OpenPGP key info] -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org