some questions

Brian M. Carlson karlsson@hal-pc.org
Sat Jun 2 21:26:01 2001

At the command prompt, type "set HTTP_PROXY=www.myproxy.com", where www.myproxy.com is the name of your proxy. Set mutt to use gpg for signing, verifying, encrypting, etc. The Mutt HOWTO is here: <http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Mutt-GnuPG-PGP-HOWTO.html>. It was written for Linux, but it's pretty much the same for all platforms. *If and only if your keyserver still doesn't work*, try a line like "keyserver x-broken-hkp://horowitz.surfnet.nl:11371/". You must have the port and the "x-broken-hkp://". This tells gpg that you probably have a broken proxy.
> 2) What about using GnuPg and pgp togather? Will there be any
> problems?
I'd just suggest using gpg. If you want compatibility with PGP, set the force-v3-sigs and escape-from-lines options and unset the openpgp option in your options file. These disable full OpenPGP compatibility, however. -- Brian M. Carlson OpenPGP: 0xDCA1913A <karlsson@hal-pc.org> http://BK2204.i.am/