HOWTO on interfacing with gnupg/pgp?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Jun 18 14:55:02 2001

--==-=-=

--=-=-=

 || On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:56:26 +0200
 || Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:=20

 mm> Is it ready for production yet?

Use it.  It is probably better debugged than other tools invoking gpg
and well, I amthe manin author of both and so I take care that both
are working.

 mm> Will it be binary compatible within minor revision numbers?

I don't undertstand this.  The standard library conventions are of
course honoured and I once stated that I see no reason to change an
existing API.

 mm> Does it support PGP?

Of course not!  The GNU project[1] does not support proprietary
software or advocates its use.=20

 mm> If one of the questions' answers is 'no', then we can't use gpgme
 mm> (yet).

Why do you want to use PGP?  Aren't you still not upset enough about
their policies and deliberately introduced incomptibilities? Tssss.

Ciao,

   Werner

=2D-=20

--=-=-=--