Good old Trust

Mark Brown broonie@sirena.org.uk
Fri Sep 21 12:47:01 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 05:16:16PM +0800, Edward Khoo wrote:

> I have set a friend's public key to be fully trusted via the (long way
> :-) of) "--edit-key", then"trust", then "4" (trust fully).

> And when I do a "--list-key --with-colon", I see that in the 2nd field
> as "q" (undefined). I tried running --update-trustdb.
> Is this normal or did I do some steps wrong?
Did you sign their public key? The trust you specified is how much you trust that key to make good signatures while that in the second field of the --with-colons output shows the degree to which GPG believes that that the key concerned is valid. -- "You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream - or a fever."