Groups of Keys?

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed Aug 7 21:26:01 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 12:13:58PM -0700, Jeff Newton wrote:

> Is there a way to specify a group keys as the recipient?  I need to send
> data to different groups of users and having to specify them
> individually is tedious.

Yes.  In version 1.1.90 and later, GnuPG has a "group" command, to be
used like this:

group groupname 0x99242560 0x33ED72C6 0x13300731

Then you can encrypt to "groupname" and GnuPG will expand that to the
listed keys.  Note that the 1.1.x series are development only versions
of GnuPG that will eventually become version 1.2.

David