Policy URLs and Notations on a per-signature basis

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Fri Dec 6 18:35:01 2002

Hi folks,

I got some personal mail asking me how I make the policy URLs that are
different for each key I've signed (see Douglas Calvert's key C9541FB2
for example).

Perhaps the answer is more widely usable, so here's how it works.  If
you mix certain codes into your policy URL string, those codes will be
expanded into useful items:

%k = keyid of the key you are signing
%K = long keyid of the key you are signing
%f = fingerprint of the key you are signing
%s = keyid of the key you are signing with
%S = long keyid of the key you are signing with

These are usable in policy URLs or notations.  Obviously, not all are
usable at all times - %k is only meaningful when making a signature on
a key, etc.

This isn't currently in the manual (sorry, my fault), but will be in
for 1.2.2.

David