feature request: --show-photos additions

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Tue Jul 2 23:02:02 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 09:49:59AM -0700, Leigh S. Jones, KR6X wrote:
> I wouldn't suggest using photo's present on a key
> as a method of determining trust.  It's too easy for
> a photograph to be copied from someone's real key
> to a counterfeit.

I understand what Simon was suggesting now.  This would not impact
trust - it's saying "this is who the key claims to be owned by", just
like printing the username when a sig is checked.

> GPG 1.0.7 has the features you mention.  For some
> reason it doesn't work on my Windows NT
> implementations, perhaps it doesn't work on other
> Windows implementations, I'm not sure.  But you
> can set Netscape up as your photo ID viewer and
> then output the JPEG as a file from Netscape on
> Linux.

Yes.  The photo ID code in 1.0.7 was never really intended to work on
Windows.  You can sort of manipulate it into working with careful
choice of photo-viewers, which is nice.  1.2 (or the 1.1.90 devel
snapshot) has complete Win32 support for photo IDs.

David