Downgrade problem. (Jean-David Beyer)

Jean-David Beyer jdbeyer@exit109.com
Tue Jun 4 04:31:01 2002

David Shaw wrote:
> This is not correct.  There is no need to go through the trouble (and
> danger) of making a special copy of the key with no passphrase,
> disconnecting from the network, etc.

I think Leigh S. Jones was showing that it could be done that way. I
am not sure that his procedure would not work, nor do I really care.
I believe he was trying to show me, in a round-about way, that I
should just upgrade, which I have now done. Note especially his last
line, emphasized by me with <---<<<

Before upgrading from Red Hat 6.2 to 7.3, I made and verified three
backup tapes of EVERYTHING on this machine, so I did not need to
download 1.0.7; I simply restored the .gz from tape and did the
usual things.

There are a lot of uses, in addition to fumble-fingers and disk
crashes, for good complete backups.

--
  .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
  /V\                             Registered Machine    73926.