Key Server

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue Jun 18 08:59:01 2002

--=-V6DRFddOH0AhxSXuJywf

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 22:28, David T-G wrote:
> Hi, all --
>=20
> ...and then Eduard Ballester said...
> %=20
> % Hi
> % I would like to install a Key Server.
>=20
> I was actually thinking the same thing just the other day.
>=20
> Does anyone have any stats on how much space a well-populated keyserver
> requires?  Are all the world's keys a matter of half a gig or half of an
> entire storage array?

Look on the cks mailing list - I was asking this sort of questions a
couple of months ago. IIRC the keyring is around 2G (look at dtype.org,
he has the statistics), cpu requirements are moderate (though search
speed will of course increase with speed), no idea about bandwidth
requirements if you're going to have the server public, but I don't
think it's too much.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20