Signature problem GPG/WinPT <--> PGP 7.0.3

Leigh S. Jones, KR6X kr6x@kr6x.com
Wed May 1 17:23:01 2002

I didn't have any trouble with your signature using PGP 7.0.3.
Found it on the server, and all.  See below:
-----------------
*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Fabian Rodriguez <fabian.rodriguez@toxik.com> (Invalid)
*** Signed: 5/1/02 7:57:06 AM
*** Verified: 5/1/02 8:21:40 AM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

Hi,

I have a problem with a user verifying my signatures with PGP 7.0.3.
I use GPG 1.0.7 (nullify.org) and WinPT 0.5.10.
I already contacted Timo about this, but would like to know if anyone
else is having similar results.

When I sign my messages, the PGP 7.0.3 user gets this on their end:

*** PGP Signature Status: bad
*** Signer: Fabian Rodriguez <fabian.rodriguez@toxik.com>
*** Signed: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
*** Verified: 2002-05-01 10:39:19
*** BEGIN PGP DECRYPTED/VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

Notice the "Signed" date! If I check the same using command-line GPG
1.0.7, the signature check is OK. I am signing this message, so if
anyone can report bvack to the list the result, that would be
appreciated.

In my GPG options file I have:
armor
textmode
openpgp

Plus in the WinPT dialog, the "Create V3 signatures" is not checked.
Instead, I use "Generate OpenPGP packets".

Comments ?

Thanks,

Fabián Rodríguez - Toxik Technologies, Inc.
www.toxik.com ˇ (514) 528-6945 @221

*** END PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***