Installing GPG on W2K

Ping Kam pkam@quikcard.com
Thu May 9 21:37:01 2002

--Boundary_(ID_9VnF+0UqEUpnkpKeNgq4yA)

Hi:

According to the Readme.w32 after unzipping the download, the installation simply copy the gpg.exe to a directory when we store the binaries (which I assume any directory on the path) and create a directory 'c:\gnupg'.

So I copy the gpg.exe to my local machine and create the 'c:\gnupg' directory.  Then I follow the installation instruction, start a command window, change directory to where the gpg.exe resides and type gpg and I see a prompt

gpg: Go ahead and type your message ...

So I type something but nothing happens, I type more and still nothing happens.  I wait for a few minutes and nothing happens.  Is this normal?

So I read the handbook, create a keypair, export the public key, import public key from somebody else.  Edit, fingerprint, sign, and check the imported key.  I can even decrypt files encrypted with my public key and encrypt file using their public key.  But I am not sure if gpg is installed properly.

Thanks,
Ping Kam

--Boundary_(ID_9VnF+0UqEUpnkpKeNgq4yA)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>According to the Readme.w32 after unzipping the
download, the installation simply copy the gpg.exe to a directory when we store
the binaries (which I assume any directory on the path) and&nbsp;create a
directory 'c:\gnupg'.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>So I copy the gpg.exe to my local machine and
create the 'c:\gnupg' directory.&nbsp; Then I follow the installation
instruction, start a command window, change directory to where the gpg.exe
resides and type gpg and I see a prompt</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>gpg: Go ahead and type your message
...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>So I type something but nothing happens, I type
more and still nothing happens.&nbsp; I wait for a few minutes and nothing
happens.&nbsp; Is this normal?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>So I read the handbook, create a keypair, export
the public key, import public key from somebody else.&nbsp; Edit, fingerprint,
sign, and check the imported key.&nbsp; I can even decrypt files encrypted with
my public key and encrypt file using their public key.&nbsp; But I am not sure
if gpg is installed properly.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Ping Kam</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_9VnF+0UqEUpnkpKeNgq4yA)--