using a key without self-signature

Calum Selkirk gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Thu May 16 15:31:01 2002

--FkmkrVfFsRoUs1wW

* David T-G [davidtg-gnupg@justpickone.org] [2002-05-15 11:12 -0500]:

> > On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:27:31PM +0200, Jeroen Valcke wrote:
> >
> > The new way is to leave headers alone and use mutt's
> > check-traditional-pgp function, which can detect PGP messages at
> > run-time, and adjust content-types.
>
> Right.  Folks used to use procmail to tweak the headers, but that isn't
> infallible.

David pretty much covers the mutt specific aspects of this problem.
Basically mutt isn't seeing these messages as signed/encrypted etc
is due to the content headers. My ~/.procmailrc reads:

## Convert old-style PGP messages to MIME

:0
{
    :0 fBw
    * ^-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
    * ^-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
    | formail -i "Content-Type: application/pgp; format=3Dtext; x-action=encrypt"

    :0 fBw
}

:0 fBw
| formail -i "Content-type: application/pgp; format=3Dtext; "

As David points out mutt can be patched to create_pgp_traditional (using
David's mutt patch coctail is one soluton). You would then be able to add a
message-hook to set mutt to send traditional/inline signed/encrypted messages
to outlook-user@address.org or ~h "^X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express".
Again this is covered in detail in the mutt-users list archive:

<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dmutt-users&r=3D1&w=3D2>

HTH

cal

--FkmkrVfFsRoUs1wW