gpg keyservers allowing photos in key-id's

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed May 29 01:49:02 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 03:39:02PM -0400, vedaal wrote:
> are there any servers that routinely do not allow photos in the id's,
>
> and is there a way to tell which ones do and which do not?

Unfortunately, the majority of keyservers do not allow photos.
Luckily, unlike the multiple-subkeys-ate-my-key bug, it doesn't cause
any harm.  Instead, it will just not accept the photo part of the key.

All pks keyservers (a la "wwwkeys.pgp.net", "pgp.mit.edu", etc.) do
not accept photo IDs.

All LDAP keyservers (ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370) do allow them.

I don't know offhand about the Cryptnet and Openkeyserver servers.

David