erf, forgot to change the mailto in the reply..

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Thu Nov 28 17:11:01 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:59:56PM -0500, Psy-Kosh wrote:
> sending to list:
>
> > Aha, I found it.  This is a bug.  When you change the expiration date,
> > the key flags are lost which makes a sign-only or encrypt-only RSA key
> > into a sign+encrypt.  This will be fixed for the next version of
> > GnuPG.
> >
> > David
> >

> Ah, okie. Is there any way to repair the key, or should I just revoke the
> whole thing and generate new ones?

It's repairable, but you'd need to make a temporary patch to your
GnuPG, do the repair, and then go back to your old GnuPG.  If you
aren't compiling your own GnuPG, you can just revoke that subkey (you
don't need to revoke the whole key) and make a new one.

David