problems to sign emails

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Fri Apr 25 15:01:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_YHTq+WQHGFe6Fwo

On Friday 25 April 2003 12:52, Dirk Fettke wrote:
> > Which kmail version? How are you trying to send mail - with the builtin
> > gpg
> > support of kmail or with the PGP/MIME plugin (Hint: there is a 'crypto
> > plugins' tab in the security settings dialog. Do you have anything
> > there?).
> >
> > If the latter, it's probably a problem with the gpg-agent not working.
>
> my kmal version is 1.5.1.
> i trying to send emails with the builtin gpg of kmail. in the security
> settings at the crypto plugin i haven't anything there.

Ok. I have to say that I don't have any experience with the builtin facilit=
y,=20
as I use the plugin myself (but it is somewhat experimental, so I'd have be=
en=20
surprised if SuSE shipped it. But one never knows...)

>  the couriosity is
> that all works without an gpg password. as soon as i given a password it
> don't works. i become to desperate... :-(

Have a look at your ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf (or 'options', in the same directory)=
=20
file. Is there any 'use-agent' directive? (There shouldn't, just checking).

If you create a new user with all the default settings, does it fail there,=
=20
too? Perhaps it's just one of your config files borken.

But I'm in the dark, really, perhaps you should ask in a KDE or SuSE mailin=
g=20
list/support forum? When you can sign ordinary files with gpg, I guess the=
=20
problem is not with gpg but with kmail.

cheers
=2D-- vbi

=2D-=20
pub  1024D/92082481 2002-02-22 Adrian von Bidder <avbidder -at- fortytwo.ch>
     Key fingerprint =3D EFE3 96F4 18F5 8D65 8494  28FC 1438 5168 9208 2481

--Boundary-02=_YHTq+WQHGFe6Fwo

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/legal/gpg/email.20020822?version=1.3&md5sum=14ca616f14682a82cb9cc25c9b34a10d

--Boundary-02=_YHTq+WQHGFe6Fwo--