Blank encrypted messages

Matthew Reeve matt@rangie.com
Tue Apr 29 13:25:03 2003

> > $command = 'echo "$msg" | /usr/bin/gpg -e -a --always-trust  --batch
> > --no-secmem-warning -u matt@rangie.com -r matt@rangie.com';
> > exec($command, $encrypted, $errorcode);
> Are you sure that exec runs a shell?

It must be running a shell, as I end up with an encrypted message -
unfortunately it's just an encryption of nothing. I can log in as the same
user (apache) and run the command from the shell and get an output which,
when decrypted, contains the data. However when run from PHP the encrypted
data, when decrypted, contains nothing.

I've re-written to use files being passed in and out, and the command when
exec'd or system'd returns an error code of 0 (zero).

I'm absolutely stumped on this.

Thanks for the suggestions so far,

Matthew Reeve