(ssh|gpg)-agent

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Apr 29 21:25:02 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:09:59 +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder said:

> Hmmm. I think it is a great idea - though I would not do it by
> forwarding the key itself, but by sending the to-be-encrypted data
> around, thus keeping the secret key on the machine it was originally
> stored.

I had the same idea when designing the protocol used by gpg-agent.
This is definitely possible and I would like to implement it as time
permits.  Either ssh-agent is modified to provide a new channel for
gpg-agent communication or we implement the ssh-agent stuff in GnuPG.

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of