Evolution signatures

Carl L. Gilbert lamont_gilbert@rigidsoftware.com
Tue Aug 5 20:44:01 2003

--=-cjHZGBZAlImNvqDVgiqt

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 09:00, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 August 2003 13:02, Carl L. Gilbert wrote:
>=20
> > If its an attachment, then shouldn't it be signed as any other separate
> > file is.  And that signature then attached!?  Same goes for encryption.
> > attachments should be encrypted / signed before they are attached.
> > Thats not evolutions job.  Evo could make it easy by doing that work fo=
> > you.  But I honestly do not expect everything in 1 email with
> > attachments to get signed and encrypted in 1 fell swoop.
>=20
> Well, I *do* expect an email to be signed and/or encrypted as one entity.=
=20
> PGP/MIME is the tool to do that. The thing I'd wish is a way to also prot=
ect=20
> (sign - not encrypt, obviously) mail headers (IIRC this was already discu=
ssed=20
> here.)
>=20

I dont think you want to do that.  Mail headers are allowed to be
changed by the server now.  Plus each server passed through will add
some of its own information.  in fact headers dont get added till after
the message is sent.

> cheers
> -- vbi
--=20
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiastes
9:16

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD  19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D
GNU Privacy Guard http://www.gnupg.org (Encryption and Digital
Signatures)

--=-cjHZGBZAlImNvqDVgiqt

--=-cjHZGBZAlImNvqDVgiqt--