file decryption executes, but produces no output file

David Anastasio DAnastasio@mamsi.com
Wed Aug 20 11:00:02 2003

Hello all,

I have been using GPG without encountering any problems for the past 8-10
months, but have been unable to decrypt this test file. The command seems to
run OK, but there is no output file generated (see command output below).
$ gpg --output test --decrypt test.pgp
You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "mamsi_production <production@mamsi.com>"
2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 27DC2236, created 2002-01-16 (main key ID AA6ECF82)
$ ls test
test: No such file or directory

Here is information about my version and the other guy's version of GPG:
MY VERSION OF GPG:
$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.0
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions. See the file COPYING for details.
Supported algorithms:
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, TWOFISH
Pubkey: ELG-E, DSA, ELG

THEIR VERSION OF GPG:
pgp@ttyp1//cw7/u/pgp>gpg <mailto:pgp@ttyp1//cw7/u/pgp>gpg>  --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.1
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions. See the file COPYING for details.
Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compress: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB

I would not expect it, but is it possible that the version differences are
causing this problem?

Please note: I am able to decrypt the file and view the data when I transfer
it to a PC running PGP. However, I would prefer to decrypt it using GPG
since that allows me to handle the process inside a script.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem you may be able to give
me.
David Anastasio
scuba@starpower.net <mailto:scuba@starpower.net>
301-360-8882

Notice of Confidentiality:  The information included and/or attached in this
electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged
information and is intended for the addressee.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the
contents of the information is prohibited.  If you believe that you have
received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply
transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.