Smartcard Support, open system security, law,( certificate sig removed)

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun Aug 24 19:08:01 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:38:53 +0200, Mark Kirchner said:

> Only if you haven't created a revocation certificate - before you lost
> the card / private key. (Well, I don't know for sure, but I guess that
> revocation certs exist for smartcards also.) Creating one should be a
> must-do when you set up a smartcard (also for "normal" keypairs...)

The manual suggest this since ever.  It is even more important with
smartcards because they may fail hardwarewise.  I have added an extra
reminder to the card key generation menu.

Thanks,

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>