Keyring Storage

Andrew James Barr andrewb758@yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 02:55:01 2003

I was wondering what the proper way to store a GPG or PGP secret keyring
would be? I am talking about the ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg file in GPG and
the .skr files in PGP (Windows). I have been backing these files up with
a periodic homedir backup to a CD-R, which I just keep in a drawer with
all my other CDs. Aren't the keys, when stored in these files, protected
by of course the passphrase but not encryption as well? Please excuse
any ignorance on my part but I have not been into encryption for that
long.

--
Andrew Barr
Have a nice day!

/usr/games/fortune says:
Detroit is Cleveland without the glitter.