Smartcard Support, open system security, law,( certificate sig removed)

Neil Williams linux@codehelp.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 20:26:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_EWPT/PQgzpdNG8k

On Wednesday 27 Aug 2003 5:50 pm, Aditya wrote:
> how do i generate a revocation certificate - what is the exact command pgp

$ man gpg
       --gen-revoke
                 Generate a revocation certificate for the  complete  key. =
                 revoke a subkey or a signature, use the --edit command.

To send to a file, use either:

gpg -a --output revoke.asc --gen-revoke <keyid>

or

gpg -a --gen-revoke #keyid# > revoke.asc

Replace #keyid# with your keyid in each case.

> You can create a revocation certificate beforehand and store it somewhere
> safe. If I recall correctly the pgp 2.3 manual suggeste you print it out =
on
> paper and store it somewhere.

=2D-=20

Neil Williams