Store key on USB Token

Kai Raven k.raven@freenet.de
Wed Jun 4 13:19:03 2003

Hi Peter,

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:31:33 +0200 you wrote:

> Is anyone using a system where the (private) key is stored on an
> external USB key?

I have my secret keyring on an ext3 formated USB stick inside a
loop-aes container file.

> Are there any relevant security issues when the USB store ist just
> used as hard disk and no special encryption for reading the data from
> the key is used?

mmh, a secret keyring on a connected/mounted USB stick is just
accessible as a stored secret keyring in the gnupg directory on a
partition ;o)
But: a weak passphrase (key or container file) and the whole story is
nonsense.

Ciao
Kai

--