Newbie question - how to include the passphrase in the command

Ping Kam pkam@quikcard.com
Thu Jun 5 07:08:03 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wolfgang Bornath" <wbo@mandrakesoft.com>
To: <gnupg-users@gnupg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: Newbie question - how to include the passphrase in the command

> Are you sure you want to do that? The pass phrase is one of the 2 most
> secret things you have in the whole encryption system. I would not even
> save that into a file on my Linux box, not to think of a Windows box.
I am not hard coding them into the cmd file.  They will be parameters in the
cmd file.

I am creating a Windows GUI  interface which the operator enters the userid
and password to logon, choose the files, the program then uses ShellExecute
to execute the command file and pass the parameters.

The user may choose more than one file.  I don't want the user to re-enter
the passphrase again for every file.  Does this make sense?

> The passphrase is something you have in your biological memory or -if
> that has occasional brake-downs (like mine) - you save it somewhere on
> a floppy in your locker.

> Sorry, I can't answer your question.
Can you answser now?

Ping Kam