Virtual Keysignings

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Jun 5 19:06:02 2003

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:33:40 +0200, Daniel Luebke said:

> I have a question about keysigning: What do you think of signing a
> person (or having a keysigning party) which is conducted through a video
> link?

I won't do that, but this is my own policy and everyone is free to
use a signing policy of his own.  If I don't believe that you have a
sound signing policy, I simply would set the ownertrust for you to no.

Meeting in person and verifying identities using an official document
is the de-facto standard for many years and I see no reason why this
dhould be changed.

> (internet- or telefon-line-link) which you could indicate through the
> sig-class?

The sig-class is a hint and nothing you should count on.  I still use
0x10 despite the fact that I always check the identity using a
passport or similar document.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of