Revocation of a user id?

Volker Augustin volker.augustin@perfektionismus.de
Fri Mar 21 22:48:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_4k4e+YecIWwDDbD

Hello,

I recently lost my e-mail account at university as I am not a student anymo=
re.=20
Recently some people signed my key. Unfortunately, they also signed the use=
r=20
id belonging to the university e-mail account so that it now seems that thi=
s=20
e-mail address is still active. Therefore, I am thinking about revoking tha=
t=20
user id. First of all, what is the correct procedure to do so? Simply=20
selecting the user id in the edit-key dialog and using revsig to revoke my=
=20
own signature on the user id?
Secondly, what are the implications of this? Does this break my signature o=
n=20
other peoples keys? And does this mean that other peoples signatures on tha=
t=20
user id can no longer be used by third people to establish a key chain to m=
y=20
key? (which would implicate that this user id should simply not be used goi=
ng=20
forward but signatures made to it or signatures made by it still remain=20
valid).

Cheers,
Volker

=2D-=20
Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is not =
the=20
reason we are doing it.