How to build gnupg on winXP

Road Runner r_runner@poczta.onet.pl
Fri May 9 12:43:32 2003

Colin Brown wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am having trouble building gnupg, I downloaded all the programs, but
>seem to still have a problem, could someone tell me what I am doing
>wrong
>I followed the directions according to
>http://web.tiscali.it/no-redirect-tiscali/clbianco/gnupg/eng/gnupg.html

Hello

Building gnupg on XP is easier than using MS Outlook, but you need the
latest stable versions of:
1. MinGW -- Minimalist GNU For Windows,
2. Minimal System  -- Msys.
You can find it at http://www.mingw.org or on Sourceforge.

The most easy way is take an executable versions (for today:
MinGW-2.0.0-3.exe and MSYS-1.0.8.exe) and together, in cooperative with
your Pointing Device (Mouse?) installing it - of course if you prefer
alone work you can take binaries in tar.gz format.

Next step - unpack GnuPG, ./configure, make, make check, make install.
You need no options for straight build.

Happy building

RR