importing a secret key

Munir Nassar nassarmu at redconcepts.net
Fri Nov 7 15:20:22 CET 2003

So after an unfortunate incident where a space was where it was not
supposed to be in a rm -rf statement, i lost my ~ which had my secret
keys.

Unfortunately i also discovered that last night was the latest full
backup, and the tape decided that it does not feel like giving me my data
back. from the previous incrementals that i was able to find was able to
recover my  pubring.gpg and trustdb.pgp

So this leaves me with a floppy disk that i had stores my revocation cert
and my secret key on. Both in ASCII armored format.

$ cat redconcepts.priv.key
-----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)

<SNIP stuff>