Mutt and GnuPG

Ash Varma tnedor at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 13:15:42 CET 2003

On Nov 12 20:47, Thorsten Haude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Ash Varma <tnedor at yahoo.com> [2003-11-12 04:27]:
> >I get "^M" (without the ""'s) in mutt if i decode any messages in mutt
> >that use inline sigs.
>
> Any, as in any of one particualar person? What about this one?

Does not matter who it comes from.. Usually, if the message has inline
sigs, it gives me this problem... your message was decoded correctly.

> Does your Mutt run on Windows?

Linux. I recompiled a copy of mutt 1.5.5i to see if this would offer a
solution, but no.. it is still cauing problems.

My mutt information is listed below.

Mutt 1.5.5i (2003-11-05)
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: Linux 2.4.20-20.7 (i686) [using ncurses 5.2]
Compile options:
- -DOMAIN
- -DEBUG
- -HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
- -USE_POP  -USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  -USE_SSL  -USE_SASL  -USE_SASL2
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME  -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET  +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  -HAVE_LIBIDN  +HAVE_GETSID  -HAVE_GETADDRINFO
ISPELL="/usr/bin/ispell"
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/local/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
- -MIXMASTER
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev at mutt.org>.
To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

- --

Ash Varma
tnedor at yahoo.com

And now for something completely different.