MIME vs. inline (was Re: Signature in Attachment)

Chris De Young chd at chud.net
Wed Dec 8 21:14:02 CET 2004

> But old-style inline signatures are deprecated for very good reasons.

Actually, this may be a dumb question, what are some of those reasons (or
can you point me to some documentation if this is a re-run for everyone
else)?  I'm not disagreeing with you, but I do have this discussion around
here every so often with people who prefer inline signatures, and I'm not
usually making very forceful arguments - especially not to people who don't
really understand MIME and aren't always quite sure what their mail client
is showing them.  "But it's less confusing this way!" (the inline way)

Thanks!
-Chris