[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.93 released

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 15 01:42:07 CET 2004

Werner Koch wrote:

Builds OK on a libc5 Linux system and passes all tests.

However, I noticed one strange thing and a bug. When I encrypt a message
conventionally in pgp2 mode, compression seems to be switched off.
--list-packets confirms this. However, pgp2 is still able to decrypt the
message.

When I try to set compression manually, the commands

gpg -c --pgp2 --compress-algo=zip file and
gpg -c --pgp2 --compress-level=1 file

ignores it and the resulting file is still uncompressed. When I try

gpg -c --pgp2 --compression-algo=zip file

I get a segfault, which can't be the right.

>Noteworthy changes in version 1.3.93 (2004-12-14)
>    * Ask the user to repeat a changed PIN.
>
>    * Switched to automake 1.9.  Minor big fixes.

Further I noticed the SHA512 and 384 hash are finally read-write by
default. But what is the Hx format I see mentioned in md.c on line 133?

And why is MD5 suddenly deprecated? However, I'm glad to see the
deprecated warning about IDEA is finally gone.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html