Key strangeness

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Dec 15 02:04:32 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 07:17:48PM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:

> Not "the entire Public Key packet starting with the version field,
> with whatever fixes you have to make so the key is fully
> RFC-compliant."

At this point I think you're just trolling so I'm going to stop
replying.  Needless to say, you've misunderstood what the RFC
requires, and what noncompliant actually means in this case.

> Whether keyservers should store keys with zero-padded MPIs is debatable,
> but it is clear to me that encryption clients should not accept, modify,
> and propagate such keys.

Clearly the authors of the various versions of PGP and GnuPG got this
wrong.  I suggest you contact them posthaste and point out their
mistake.

David