[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.93 released

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 15 11:25:50 CET 2004

David Shaw wrote:

>The thing is, this isn't something new for 1.4.  Like I said, it's
>been a good while since I looked at this, but I think it's been this
>way since at least the 1.0.6 days.  Are you sure that you got
>compression with --pgp2 before?

Now that you mention it, with 1.2.6 it also doesn't compress. Apparently
I didn't notice it before, otherwise I would have told about this before.

>> And why is MD5 suddenly deprecated?
>The latest 2440bis draft (bis-12) deprecates it.

Is that because of the Wang attack you mentioned in alt.security.pgp?

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html